Sensitive stomach cat food is formulated with special ingredients to relieve your cat’s stomach. Many pet owners mistake symptoms of sensitive stomach with symptoms of regular digestive problems and keep on feeding their cats regular foods. However, this might cause some serious issues in your cats and that’s why it’s important to notice even the slightest change in your cat’s behaviour and to consult the vet.
In this article, we will discuss sensitive stomach in cats and some of the best cat foods for sensitive stomach. So, without waiting much, let’s start.
Signs that your cat has sensitive stomach
It’s normal for cats to cough or vomit after eating something irregular. However, if you see frequent changes in your cat’s behavior, that means your cat is having a sensitive stomach. While giving normal cat food won’t help, you can always rely on foods specially designed for cats having sensitive stomachs.
Look at some of the signs of sensitive stomach in cats:
- Increased thirst
- High weight loss
- Poor coat condition
- Itching or other skin problems
In case your cat is facing any such problem, you need to figure out if the symptom is acute or chronic. Acute issues come out of the blue, while the chronic ones get developed slowly. Acute digestive issues can be due to the change in diet, stress or because of infection. While chronic issues can be caused due to food allergies or sensitive stomach, that’s why you need to give your cat food for a sensitive stomach.
What to look for in Sensitive stomach cat food?
If your cat is suffering from digestive issues, the first thing you should do is to take her to the vet. And once you are clear that the sensitive stomach is due to food related issues, you should switch to food designed for a sensitive stomach in cats.
Look for the following ingredients when buying sensitive stomach cat food:
- Wholesome, natural ingredients
- High-quality animal protein
- Healthy fats
- Easily digestible carbohydrates
- Beneficial supplements
- No artificial additives, fillers, preservatives
Best cat food for sensitive stomach
With the plethora of options available in the market, choosing the best cat food for a sensitive stomach can be a daunting task. Well, we are going to do the work easily for you. Have a look at our best picks:
- Hill’s Science Dry Sensitive Stomach Food:
- It contains all essential vitamins and minerals.
- Has no artificial components
- Contains small kibbles that are easy to eat
- Protein content- 29%
- Flavors- Chicken & Rice, Salmon & Yellow Pea
- Calories- 513 kcal ME/cup
- Iams Proactive Health Sensitive Stomach Adult Cat Food:
- Contains natural fiber sourced from beet pulp
- Has optimal size of kibbles
- On budget
- Contains antioxidants for better immune system
- Protein content- 33%
- Flavors- Chicken & Turkey
- Royal Canin Digest Sensitive Stomach Food:
- Contains optimal amount of protein & moisture
- Great for cats starting from 12 months
- Can be combined with dry cat foods
- Protein content- 7.5%
- Calories- 66kcal
- Flavor- Chicken
- Blue Buffalo Sensitive Stomach Natural Adult Dry Cat Food:
- Affordable price
- Has all essential vitamins and minerals
- Has prebiotics and fiber to improve digestion
- Protein content- 32%
- Calories- 422kcals/cup
- Flavor- Chicken
- Purina ONE Sensitive Systems Adult Dry Cat Food:
- Great price
- Recommended by vets
- Has optimal content of protein
- No artificial colors or preservatives
- Protein content- 34%
- Calories- 430 kcal/cup
- Flavor- Turkey
Read Also: Best cat backpack
Cats have delicate tummy. They need to be fed full of natural ingredients and animal proteins. While some cats have sensitive stomachs, they can’t completely rely on regular cat food. So, it’s important to introduce sensitive stomach cat food to them.
In case your cat is showing symptoms of digestive issues, consult your vet.
Hopefully, our article will help you find what you are looking for.