A cat water fountain is a great way to indulge your cats in the habit of drinking water. Cats are hunters. They find moving water more attractive and interesting than standing water. This is a reason why your cat prefers to drink water from the tap or likes to dip her feet in the water to set it in motion.
Water fountain for cats might sound like a fancy luxury but has many health benefits for your cats. So, you must choose the right water fountain for cats. However, it might come as a challenge for you if it’s your first time buying the cat water fountain.
In this post, you will learn everything that you want to know about the cat water fountain. We have also mentioned our picks for the best cat fountain. So, what are you waiting for? Have a look.
Benefits of Cat water fountain
Keeping your pet hydrated is of utmost importance for their health. While the most common way is to serve water in their bowls, having water fountain can aid in a fresh supply of water, keeping the infections at bay.
Here are five reasons why you should upgrade to a cat drinking fountain:
A water fountain can keep your pet’s water 1-2 degrees cooler than the room temperature.
A cat water fountain has a filter that can help in removing the impurities and keeping the water clean.
Cats don’t drink enough water. So, it is important to keep them hydrated that would protect them from various diseases. A water fountain can keep the cat interested and hydrated.
This one is of huge benefit. The most water fountain can hold 2-3 liters of water, thus saving you from refilling the water supply again and again.
Water fountains are circulating in nature. This means the bacteria and fungus won’t build-up, keeping it safe for your cat.
Check Also: Best Raw Cat Food With Benefits And Side-effects
What to look for in the best cat water fountain?
- The material: Choosing the right material for a cat water fountain is a crucial thing to do. While the plastic is susceptible to scratches and steel can affect the taste of water, therefore it’s best to go for ceramics. It is easy to clean and prevents the accumulation of bacteria.
- Pump: The heavy sound of the pump can disturb the cat. You should always pick the ones that don’t make noise.
- Levels: The multi-level and depth of the fountain must be taken care of, especially in the case of kittens and aging cats.
- Capacity: The size of the tank decides the amount of water it will hold. The larger the size, the better it is.
- Cleaning mode: You should make sure that the fountain is easy to disassemble and assemble for a thorough & proper cleaning.
Best water fountain for cats
- Pioneer Pet Magnolia Fountain:] Has a capacity of 1.6 liters. Cats can easily drink water from the pot or the flower petals.
- Big Max Ceramic Pet Drinking Fountain:] Has a filter to remove impurities. A larger bowl containing a smaller bowl to store the flowing water.
- Catit Fresh & Clear Water Pet Fountain 3 liters: On-budget water fountain. It is a simple and space-saving bowl perfect for your cats.
- Pioneer Pet Raindrop Pet Drinking Fountain 1.7 liters: Circulating water fountain to attract your cat’s attention. Cats can drink water from the rain-drop shape bowl or the large bowl.
- Catit Feeding & Drinking Station Combination[s5]: Circulating fountain with the option to store both food and water.