Did you know that a healthy adult cat can leap six feet in the air? That’s equivalent to a human leaping 36 feet into the air!
Cats enjoy being in the air, and if they can jump that far, think how high they can climb!
While cats are frequently depicted as sedentary house pets, they may be rather active during the 6-8 hours they are up each day. Cat owners will attest to their small feline pals being taken over by spontaneous bursts of activity, with any furniture sitting around bearing the brunt of the cat’s fun.
Most domestic cats enjoy climbing trees, furniture, and fences — pretty much anything they can get their paws on! Have you ever wondered why your cat loves to climb on top of the furniture?
Let’s have a look at some of the most common reasons cats like to climb and why a cat wall shelf would be a great gift for your feline companion.
Why Do Cats Enjoy Being in High Places?
Jumping onto the dining table isn’t only your cat’s way of making mischief. Cats retain hunting and survival instincts from their ancient ancestors who wandered jungles and savannas in search of food and shelter, just like their large cat counterparts do today.
Cats, who have been both predators and prey, feel safe on high areas that resemble trees; yet, there are some places where you don’t want them to hang out, such as the kitchen counter. Cat wall shelves are the way to go if you want to give them a prime bird’s-eye perspective of the room.
Benefits of Cat Wall Shelves
Cat shelves provide indoor entertainment for cats, preventing boredom (and trouble) while also maintaining their physical and mental health.
Here are some of the most significant benefits of putting cat wall shelves:
- They’re Appealing
Cat wall shelves are really fashionable and inviting. This is the way to go if you want to offer your house a more unique and stylish appeal. There are many styles available on the market, and it’s a terrific option for those looking for something distinctive and stylish.
- Cat-Friendly Spots
Another significant benefit of adding cat wall shelves and perches is that they allow cats to locate comfortable places to rest. Cats enjoy lying on raised surfaces, so giving them a cozy perch at the top makes life a lot easier. Installing one of these is a terrific option if you want to give your cat greater comfort.
- Quickly assembles
Another significant advantage of placing a cat wall shelf is how simple it is to put together. You should know that assembling the shelf is a breeze, and you will have no trouble setting everything up and putting the shelf together. You won’t have to worry about going overboard or paying a professional to install the shelf for you.
Additional Benefits of Cat Wall Shelves
- Created with Materials that are dependable and durable
You won’t have to spend money on these shelves over and again, which is one of the key reasons why you should consider investing in them. These shelves are made of dependable and robust materials, and they are an excellent option for people who wish to avoid having to remove or replace them on a regular basis.
- Can be Used as a Mattress
It won’t be long before your cat is comfortable with the entire setup, and before you know it, they’ll be lounging around with you. This setup can easily be utilized as a bed for your cat, and it’s a terrific method to make sure your cat has a nice and cozy area to sleep in.
Cats, as you may know, enjoy shifting their resting positions. It might be sleeping in one area for a while, but it won’t be long until it moves on to another. As a result, you should be aware that the cat wall shelves can also be utilized as a bed.
A Few Drawbacks of Cat Wall Shelves
There are a few drawbacks to putting up cat wall shelves as well. Here are a few you should be aware of.
- They are quite costly.
The fact that these shelves are rather expensive is one of the key reasons why you won’t find them in the homes of practically any cat owner. It’s one thing to put these shelves up; it’s another to buy them. They are expensive, and the price will vary based on the brand you choose.
- Larger cats are not recommended.
Another thing to keep in mind regarding these shelves is that they may not be appropriate for larger cats. If you have a Maine Coon, for example, the shelf may not be strong enough to support its weight, and the whole thing will likely fall apart over time. Before making a purchase, make sure that the shelf can sustain the weight you intend to put on it.
- They are Susceptible to Damage
If your cats are active players who like to scratch a lot, you should be aware that it won’t be long until the carpets are torn out. To keep the carpets in place, you will need to apply high-quality adhesives. Otherwise, the cats will simply tear them all to shreds.
- Installing the Shelves can be troublesome
When you bring the cat wall shelves and perches home, keep in mind that they will need to be installed with caution. Make sure you set everything up first and then secure it. It’s critical that you double-check that the shelf is securely fastened before allowing the cats to climb up.
Why Cat Wall shelves will work for you?
- Cat shelves are among the most useful items you can provide your cat.
- Cat shelves will provide greater surface space for cats to explore and play within their homes without being bored.
- This will provide your cat with a high perch from which it can escape and relax, therefore making them feel more at ease indoors.
- Apart from that, cat shelves have become a popular home decoration item. They serve a dual purpose: they improve the ambience of a home.
- While also serving as a cat’s personal playground or hideaway.
- Walking into a room with your cats just chilling along the walls is a sight to behold.
“How deep should cat shelves be?” is a question that many people have. To provide your cat with enough turning room, the perfect cat shelf should be 20 to 50 cm (7.8′′ to 19.6′′) deep.
What’s the point of having Cat Wall Shelves?
Here are a few reasons why your cat needs a shelf on the wall:
- The advantage in hunting:
A wild cat’s innate hunting instinct is there, but this is not the case with domestic cats. If you have a wall shelf in your home, your cat can easily climb on it to obtain a better view of the prey or your main living area.
- Their sphere of influence:
Cats are not gregarious creatures, thus they like their own space. If you have children or dogs in your home, your cat may become agitated while they are there. That is why they require a safe haven where they may readily flee from children or dogs.
- The amusement factor:
Even if your cat spends the entire day sleeping, cats require exercise. Having cat wall shelves in your home will keep them occupied, and climbing and jumping will help them burn calories.
What Should you Look for in a Cat Wall Shelf?
Before we go into our top options, let’s have a look at some things to think about while buying cat wall shelves.
- Sturdiness: The first thing to think about is whether or not the shelf can sustain the weight and pressure of your cat. Look at the substance it’s made of to see if it’ll hold up over time.
- Cat size: The size of your cat is a crucial consideration when selecting a wall shelf. Always choose the ones that will fit your cat comfortably.
Best Cat Wall Shelves in 2021
1. Pet Fusion Sisal Surfaced Cat Activity Wall — Set Of 3
- Product Dimensions : 13.4 × 28.3 × 5.5 inches; 15.15 Pounds
- PetFusion has a beautiful trio of floating shelves for your kitty’s enjoyment.
- The shelves come in a variety of sizes and orientations to ensure that your feline companions are thoroughly stimulated.
- One level is a horizontal perch with a hole that allows cats to freely walk up and down, another is slanted for cats to climb or rush down, and the smallest tier is a perch.
- All of the shelves are built of Premium E0-grade MDF and have sisal surfaces for extra grip. Furthermore, these shelves may be readily fixed on walls with common equipment.
- It’s an interactive design that can help your cat live a healthier life.
- It is designed in a basic and stylish manner.
- With the wall mount style, you can rest assured that your cat will be protected.
- These cat shelves are the most adaptable.
- The formaldehyde safety criteria are met by premium E0 grade MDF.
2. Wall Mounted Cat Scratching Post With Multi-Level Cat Shelves
- Product Dimensions : 15.75 x 11.81 × 5.31 inches; 9.02 Pounds
- Cats, however, have a natural proclivity for scratching furniture; it’s in their blood. A scratching post is a must-have in any feline home for this reason.
- Your pet will have a specific spot to play, scratch, and relax with Big Nose’s Mounted Scratching Post. Two shelves and a hammock make up the multi-levels, which are great for cats to perch on.
- Furthermore, the post for this product is created entirely of natural materials, including jute rolling, sturdy pinewood steps, and a soft carpet hammock.
- Installation is simple.
- Durable and high-quality
- It’s simple to revise, renew, and restructure.
- Every composite is replaceable.
- Jute rolling, strong pinewood steps, and the soft carpet hammock part of the product are all proven to be safe for both humans and animals.
- For cats who scratch a lot, this is the best option.
3. The Climb Track
- Product Dimensions : 56 × 11 × 69 inches; 22 Pounds
- Consider CatastrophiCreations’ The Climb Track for a holistic play-and-rest area for your kitties.
- This set of cat shelves, made with fabric walkways and bamboo pillars, is ideal for correcting furniture-scratching behavior and encouraging play in a dedicated area.
- A meticulously crafted sisal post is also included for your cat’s scratching needs.
- A hammock, a sisal pillar with two fabric walkways, and a shelf with a circle entryway and hammock underneath make up the entire Climb Track.
- Beautiful, spacious, and sleek design created by hand
- A fantastic solution to stop scratching your furniture.
- The fabric is easily removable for washing.
- Provides a place for cats to exercise their climbing instincts.
- Provides a secure environment for the cat.
- The floating design allows you to conserve room.
- The cat wall shelf is made from materials that are environmentally friendly.
4. Wall-Mounted Cat Bridge
- Product Dimensions : 6 x 66 x 6 inches; 9.85 Pounds
- This wall-mounted cat bridge from CatastrophiCreations is another fantastic alternative for playing and relaxing all day.
- If you have numerous cats, the bridge serves as a passage as well as a fun place for them to interact.
- Two hammocks made of detachable and washable fabric are linked to the bridge.
- Each hammock can support up to 62 pounds, while the wooden bridge can support up to 85 pounds.
- • It has a nice appearance.
- Sturdy and durable material
- Pre-cut, hemmed, detachable, and washable fabric
- The furniture appears to float thanks to hidden brackets.
- Made from environmentally friendly materials
- It’s practical, long-lasting, and portable.
5. Cat Elevated Feeding Shelf
- Product Dimensions : 8.5 x 11 x 3 inches; 3.1 Pounds
- This shelf was created specifically for feeding cats in a lovely handcrafted environment.
- Aside from providing a nice place for your cats to eat, the creation also saves space on the floor and makes cleaning up after meals easier.
- It has two holes that exactly fit the feeding bowls provided in the package and measure 10 x 3 x 11 inches.
- Furthermore, the shelf mounts to the wall cleanly, giving the appearance of a floating shelf.
- It’s easy to set up.
- It has the potential to be used as a feeding station.
- Provides an avenue for your cat’s climbing urges.
- The floating design saves space.
- It is Strong and dependable.
6. Wall-Mounted Cat Lounging Set
- Product Dimensions : 22.75 x 11 x 12.75 inches; 13.22 Pounds
- Traditional cat condos are notorious for taking up a lot of room in a house.
- Trixie Pet Products, on the other hand, designed a small product that meets a cat’s demand to climb, play, and relax.
- Two post steps, one cat condo, and one cat hammock are included in the whole leisure set, which is made of plush and natural sisal.
- It’s a great alternative to tall cat trees that take up a lot of room.
- Plush (polyester) with a scratching surface made of sisal
- Cushions are easily removable and washable.
- It can be used as a sleeping area for them.
- Cats will find it quite relaxing.
- Adds a cute element to the decor
7. Canopy Shelves: Foliage Cover – Set Of 2
- Product Dimensions : 22 x 13 x 15 inches; 8 Pounds
- Because cats are drawn to varied textures and materials, these one-of-a-kind cat shelves from On2 Pets are intended to both adorn and engage your cat’s senses.
- The shelf provides a cozy hiding location as well as a beautiful decoration, thanks to silk artificial flora and a carpeted shelf.
- The product’s design also gives a touch of green to the home.
- Easy to put together, takes less than 15 minutes and requires no equipment.
- All the materials are pet-friendly and non-toxic, which means they’re safe for your cat.
- Gives your cat a natural feel and a great view.
8. Cloud Cat Bed Shelves Set Of 3
- Package Dimensions : 17.87 x 12.68 x 2.28 inches; 4.65 Pounds
- This is a set of multi-level shelves made of breathable oxford cloth that gives both comfort and safety for cats to climb and perch on.
- Each shelf is 17 by 12 inches and can hold up to 22 pounds. It’s a long-lasting solution for cats who enjoy jumping around and having a good time.
- Material is strong and of good quality.
- Fantastic wall art.
- Installation is simple.
9. Hexagon Wooden Cat Shelves
CAT SHELVES DIMENSIONS
- Every hexagon measures 16.5 x 14.2 inches (42×36 cm).
- Every hexagon is 9 inches (23 cm) deep.
- Hexagon has a diameter of 6.7 inches (17 cm).
- Every cat house measures: Width — 21.6 inches (55 cm) Height — 21.6 inches (55 cm) Deepness — 13.7 inches (35 cm)
- Total length: 8.58 inches (21.8 cm) and SIZE: 7.08 x 7.87 inches (18 x 20 cm)
- Total length: 8.58 inches (21.8 cm) and SIZE: 6.69 x 7.08 inches (17 x 18 cm)
- Try “Enjoy The Wood’s Hexagon Wooden Cat Shelves” for a unique and attractive cat shelf.
- These hexagon shelves, built of birch plywood with a dark walnut finish, are both a great display piece for any home and strong adventure grounds for cats.
- Each hexagon is 16.5 × 14.2 inches and comes with four dowels to hang on the wall. You’ll be ecstatic to learn that an acrylic window can be fitted on the hexagons, so you can keep an eye on your kitties!
- It’s also a great piece of house decor.
- The material is of excellent quality and is extremely durable.
- It is pretty simple to set up.
- It’s made of organic materials.
- You can also choose from a variety of product add-ons.
10. Sun-Shaped Floating Shelf
- Product Dimensions : 10 × 35 × 35 inches; 5.5 Pounds
- MYZOO’s Sun-Shaped Floating Shelf is perfect if you’re searching for a statement item.
- Its unique sun shape makes it a superb decorative shelf as well as an excellent cat perch.
- The cat bed section, which is shaped like a crescent, is comfy and excellent for a cat to relax on.
- It’s a fantastic piece of house decor.
- A cat can sleep at a high place with the help of a call mounted bed.
- The structure is simple to construct, and installation may be completed in a matter of minutes.
- Provides a safe and enjoyable habitat for cats.
Read Also: Automatic Cat Feeder
Conclusion: Cat Wall Shelves
Cat wall shelves can be used for a variety of things, including beds, dining areas, interactive toys, and more. While some cat shelves are pre-assembled, others may demand your imagination. Whatever the case may be, these cat wall shelves are sure to keep your cat occupied.
Also, you should be aware that exposing your cats to the shelves will not be as simple as you may believe. It will necessitate some caution on your behalf; you must first allow them to thoroughly inspect the item.
The cats will carefully examine the area before deciding whether or not to enter and climb up on their own. You should know that instead of scooping up the animal and putting it on the shelf, you should let them explore the entire area at their own time. That is not a good idea, and it will have a negative impact on your cat’s confidence.
Finally, there are numerous reasons why cats enjoy climbing high, so why not assist them in doing so? Your kitten will thank you (and your furniture) for your purchase, whether it’s the cat Wall Shelf or another cat perch.