Below you’ll find all the details, including a list of some of the most popular Cat Hammock!
Do you have a cat who enjoys the hugging sensation of laps and plush beds?
If that’s the case, they’ll probably prefer a cat hammock, which provides a similar sense of being surrounded by love.
Cats are great climbers who prefer to be high in the air, away from humans and potential predators. That’s why cat hammocks are such a great idea!
The cat hammock may be strung almost anyplace, providing a comfy and safe spot for your furry buddy to relax. If you’re always tripping over your cat or they need to be apart from other pets, the cat hanging bed is the ideal option.
You might be wondering if your cat will jump into anything that swings a little. Surprisingly, the majority of them are.
Some pet parents say they placed new stand-alone hammocks near furniture or a stairwell to entice their cats to investigate them. Many of the hammocks are built into cat tree structures, this allows your cat to hop into the hammock from a nearby cat bed or carpeted platform effortlessly.
In this informative essay, we will present you with all of the facts that you will require before deciding on a Cat hammock.
Finally, we offer some of the greatest Cat Hammocks on the market, which your cat will enjoy jumping on and seeing.
What is a Cat Hammock, Exactly?
A cat hammock is a cat bed that comprises a piece of cloth linked to a stand or other structure at the sides or corners, providing your feline buddy with suspended sleeping space.
Consider a human hammock, but scaled down for cats!
Cat hammocks can be freestanding or wall-mounted, or they can be supported by a cat cage or other existing furniture.
Why are Cats so fond of Cat Hammocks?
Why are human hammocks so popular? They’re comfy, support our weight in a natural way, let us move freely, and sway gently, lulling us to sleep and dreaming of warmer locales.
We assume cats have similar feelings (albeit their dreams are more likely to involve decapitating mice and birds!).
Hammocks give a pleasant hideaway for cats to nap in full sight or hideaway while remaining safely off the floor. The average cat sleeps for 15 hours per day, therefore they must have a comfortable bed!
How to Pick a Cat Hammock?
Consider these characteristics as you shop for hammocks to ensure that you buy one that is right for your cat and your home.
If you have enough space, try one of the cat trees that includes a hammock as well as open and enclosed perches and beds.
If you don’t have a lot of space, search for a hammock with a tiny base and supports that function as scratching posts. Window-mounted hammocks are a good option if you have limited floor space (or look at our article on window-mounted cat beds).
Measure the dimensions of the hammock. Many are made for little to medium-sized cats (12 pounds or less). Others are capable of taking on cats weighing 15 pounds or more. And while we’re on the subject of leaping, take note of the hammock’s height.
Some hammocks are made for a playful young cat, while others are designed for a calm older cat.
- Cleaning and upkeep
Some of the window-mounted hammocks are simple to clean or wipe down. Many of the hung cat hammocks may be taken down and laundered in the washing machine.
Keep in mind that the scratching post supports may begin to show signs of wear and tear before the hammock itself.
Read Also: Best Cat Water Fountain
Other Things to Think about When Selecting a Cat Hammock
Cat hammocks come in a range of fabrics, including cotton, nylon, velvet, and faux leather. Some are double-sided, with a plush side to keep you warm in the winter and a waterproof side to keep you cool in the summer. If you reside in a location with extreme seasons, this might be an excellent idea.
When picking on the ideal hammock material for you, take into account your climate, the temperature of your home, and your cat’s preferences, as well as durability.
You won’t need to worry about this if you’re handy with DIY, but if you’re not, make sure your chosen hammock is simple to put together and comes with clear instructions. There’s nothing more frustrating than the struggle to assemble a complicated cat hammock while your unimpressed kitty looks at you in disdain.
Check out the reviews to see how easy the hammock is to put together.
Style of the Cat hammock also plays an important role in all this because it’s not all about your cat (well, it should be, but still), you’d want to pick a cat hammock that complements your home’s decor.
If you have a neutral space, this could mean a wooden Scandi style, a colorful alternative if you want to make a statement. Choose a discreet, hideaway design if you don’t want modern cat furniture to take over your décor.
Cat hammocks come in a variety of shapes and sizes. There are a variety of cat hammocks available, so have a look at what’s available before deciding on the best one for your beloved pet.
Different Types of Cat Hammock
Cat Hammock with stand
No matter where you are, this form of the cat hammock is the most convenient alternative for setting it up. It’s not only comfy but also convenient and portable, allowing you to take it with you wherever you go. There is no need to attach this cat hammock with a stand to a chair or cage.
Cat hammock that hangs on the wall
Cat hammocks that are wall-mounted are attached to the studs in your wall with brackets and screws. They may even include a ladder or shelving system to make it easier for your cat to get into the hammock. Because it takes up no floor space, this form of the hammock is ideal for tiny dwellings.
Cat tree hammock
This sort of playground is great for climbing, scratching, and napping. If your cat is really active and likes to jump across numerous stairs, a cat tree hammock is the better option.
Your cat may have different types of sleeping spots on different levels. This style is also appropriate if you have a large number of cats at home.
Cat window hammocks
They provide the best and most lovely view of the outdoors. Your cat will enjoy perching on a high ledge and surveying its surroundings.
Suspended Cat hammock
This hammock is made out of a cloth piece with straps and/or clips in each corner that may be fastened to the bars of a cat cage or the legs of a table or chair.
It is suitable for tiny places, By hanging under a cat chair or crate, this style of cat bed can assist conserve room on the floor.
Because fewer materials are necessary, they are less expensive but endure the clasps are secure and properly attached.
Why Should you Choose Hammocks for Your Cats?
The most comfortable and secure sensation is usually provided by a cat hammock. Hammocks come in a variety of styles that can be fastened to cages, chair legs, and even windows.
You must select the appropriate type of hammock for your cat based on its size. Cats in the wild prefer to sleep on top of tree branches because it keeps them safe from predators and allows them to react quickly if something unexpected happens. You can provide the same sense of security and comfort to domestic cats.
Hammocks are often built of strong, long-lasting fabrics that can withstand the weight of even enormous cats. The material that hangs between the posts conforms to their body shape, embracing them and adding extra warmth. It will make your kitty companion very pleased and comfy if you choose the proper type.
Advantages of Using Cat Hammocks
- Your cat will be at ease with it.
A cat hammock bed is considerably more pleasant than hard surfaces like the floor or tables for your cat to rest and sleep. Hammocks adapt to their shape and can be manufactured from a material that keeps them warm or cool, depending on the temperature in your area.
- Keep your cat away from dogs at all times.
Another benefit of using a hammock instead of a traditional cat bed is that it gets your cat off the floor and away from other pets, such as dogs, which may bother them.
- Save floor space
A cat hammock that folds away, attaches to your wall or can be attached to a pet crate or chair. This is the ideal solution for compact rooms because it eliminates the need to find additional floor space for a bulky pet bed.
- Make sure your cat isn’t on your furniture.
We can’t promise anything, but if your cat has his comfy bed that he enjoys using, he’ll be less likely to spend time on your furniture, which means you might get your favorite chair or bed back!
- Treat your cat like the king or queen she is.
Cat hammocks are popular among cats, as seen by the hundreds of 5-star ratings. Giving your cat a hammock to relax in while being loved and cherished by you will make them feel even more like the king or queen than they already do.
The Care and Upkeep of a Cat Hammock
- The style of cat hammock you choose and the material it’s constructed of will determine how to care for it.
- When it comes to washing and caring for your kitten hammock, always follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Many hung cat hammocks and the fabric components of freestanding hammocks can be machine washed, but it’s best to put them in a washable bag, such as a lingerie bag, to protect your washing machine and any hooks and straps.
Wiping the hammock with a wet cloth or vacuuming it to eliminate cat hair are two other ways to keep it clean.
Best Cat Hammock on the Market, 2021
1. Amazon Basics Cat Condo Tree Tower With Hammock Bed And Scratching Post
Type: Free-standing | Materials: Jute, plush, chipboard | Assembly: Easy
- There are other cat trees/hammock combinations on the market that seem similar to this one, but AmazonBasics has one of the best affordable cat hammocks for a few reasons. For starters, it is reasonably priced given a large number of positive reviews.
- The jute posts should withstand a lot of scratching, and cats like to scratch while standing up, so it’s at the ideal spot.
- Because of its compact size and lightweight, this hammock is easy to move about and set where your cat will enjoy it the most.
- While many cat hammocks include toys, the AmazonBasics version is detachable, allowing you to replace the toy as it wears out or your cat loses interest.
- A heavy cat should be able to fit in the soft hammock, but a huge breed like a Maine coon might not.
- This cat hammock can only be spot-cleaned, and one reviewer said it skidded on her wooden floors, so it’s best used on carpet.
- A scratching surface is provided.
- Detachable toys
- This item cannot be washed.
- Large cats may not be able to fit inside.
2. K&H PET PRODUCTS Kitty Sill
Type: Window mount | Materials: Orthopedic foam, faux lambskin, plastic, Velcro | Assembly: Easy
- This hammock on a windowsill appears to have it all. If you live in a chilly climate, you can have a heated version, and you can also get one with a bolster that faces the window or the interior.
- If you have a large cat, you may not want to rely solely on suction cups to support their weight. The Kitty Sill can hold cats weighing up to 40 pounds.
- The Kitty Sill can be installed with the accompanying Velcro strips or by screwing it into the sill itself. The former option may be more enticing, but some reviewers have noted that the Velcro glue wears away over time.
- Because the holes you’d need to create are so little, fastening it into the wood could be the best option — it’ll be all fun and games until kitty falls over.
- This windowsill hammock, unlike many others, is made of orthopedic foam. Washing is simple with the removable cover, which comes in a variety of colors.
- It is simple to attach to a windowsill.
- Cats will appreciate it.
- There are a variety of styles available.
- Fits the majority of cats
- Cleaning is a breeze.
- A two-inch minimum sill depth is required.
- It’s possible that a permanent installation is required.
3. CatastrophiCreations Cat Lounge Hammock
Type: Wall mount | Materials: Canvas, bamboo | Assembly: Moderate to difficult
- The CatastrophiCreations Cat Lounge Hammock is the first in a series of modular pieces.
- If you’re unsure about hanging cat furniture, start with this hammock then add planters, bridges, food bowls, climbing poles, scratchers, and more — a full cat habitat awaits!
- This hammock is made of bamboo and canvas fabric and is quite sturdy.
- For permanent bracket installation, you’ll need to find wall studs (or have a masonry drill and bit).
- Locating the studs and ensuring that the hammock is level may need two individuals.
- The canvas fabric can be removed for cleaning or replaced fully once the wood components have been joined.
- This hammock is also available in natural or walnut wood finishes.
- Because the hammock is 16 inches wide and 11 inches deep, your huge kitty may not be able to rest comfortably on it.
- Cleaning is a breeze.
- Vertical space
- A wide range of finishes is available.
- Installation of wall studs is required.
- Installing may necessitate the assistance of two individuals.
- It’s possible that it’s too small for large cats.
4. LIFIS Macrame Cat Hammock
Type: Hanging | Materials: Cotton rope | Assembly: Moderate
- With this beautiful macramé cat hammock, you can add a touch of refinement to your living area while also giving your kitten a front-row seat at your next social gathering.
- This hammock, which measures 19.7 x 15 x 39 inches and weighs only two pounds, is made entirely of non-toxic, high-quality unscented cotton rope.
- This one-of-a-kind home accessory has an adjustable bottom bed/platform that can be hung from the wall or ceiling and tilted to suit your needs.
- It does not come with a cushion, but one could easily be added for added comfort.
- The cat hammock is sturdy and durable, and it can be gently hand-washed. It’s a hit with pet parents, with one reviewer saying, “If you’re thinking about getting this bed, do it!”
- It’s adorable, looks a lot more costly than it was, is well-made, and our cat adores it.
- If your cat is a chewer, you should probably avoid this hammock, however other than that, the exquisite macramé pattern is likely to make this hammock a great talking point in your home.
- Design is elegant
- Rope of superior quality
- It’s also possible to hang it from the ceiling.
- It can be difficult to put together.
5. Vea Pets Luxury Hammock
Type: Floor | Materials: Fleece, wood, rope | Assembly: Easy
- With a robust wood frame, rope, hooks, and fabric, the Vea Pets hammock is simple to construct.
- The hooks are meant to keep the hammock from swaying and to give your cat a sense of security, although some cats may still dislike it.
- According to the seller, this hammock can accommodate cats weighing up to 30 pounds.
- It’s a low hammock, so your cat won’t get any nice outside views from it, but it will get them off the ground and provide them with their own napping spot.
- The cloth may be removed and washed, but you will need to reassemble the hammock afterwards.
- Surprisingly, there aren’t many alternative hammocks with this type of structure to select from, but if you enjoy the beauty and simplicity of this classic model, give it a try with your cat.
- Many reviewers remark on how great this cat hammock looks in their home, but the most crucial factor is whether or not their cats enjoy it.
- It takes up very little room.
- Fabric that can be washed
- Low-hanging fruit
- It’s possible that it’s not stable enough.
6. Downtown Strong Hanging Cat Hammock
Type: Suspended | Materials: Metal rods and plush material | Assembly: Easy
- Consider the Downtown Strong Hanging Cat Hammock if your cat enjoys staying warm while lounging.
- It’s designed to attach to a radiator and provide an instant comfortable sanctuary for your feline companions to return to time and time again.
- The cat hammock has a basic folding design that makes it easy to set up and takedown, but also allows you to transport it wherever you want if your cat can’t be without it.
- Metal rods provide solid support, but the hammock is constructed of a plush material that is nice to sit in.
- The ability to utilize the Downtown Strong Hanging Cat Hammock nearly anyplace in the house is one of its main advantages.
- It’s especially good for apartment cats because it can latch on to a balcony, a door if your cat prefers to be up high, or even the back of your office chair.
- The hammock can usually support roughly 15 pounds, but if your furry friend is a bit bigger, it can hold up to 25 pounds.
- However, the product has a slight sag in the middle and the cover has a tendency to slip down, forcing some pet owners to make their own changes.
- The hammock comes in a few neutral colors that are sure to blend in at home, but a larger color pallet would be preferable to suit your personality and style, as well as that of your pet.
- The setup is simple.
- It is possible for the cover to slide down.
- Color options are limited.
We hope you enjoy the products we suggest!
All of these hammocks are excellent for cats, so consider what your cat like before purchasing a one-of-a-kind sleeping space for them!
Conclusion: Cat Hammock
Finally, your cat is a member of your family, and every member of the family deserves the best. The cat hammock will give a safe refuge for your tiny feline buddy, as well as a sense of security, comfort, and warmth.
The Cat Hammock will not only be your kitten’s favorite piece of furniture, but it will also add to the aesthetic of your home.
Bring one of these Cat Hammocks home with you and your cat will instantly smile.