Exotic Short Hair Cat
Exotic Short Hair Cat
About Exotic Short Hair Cat
Do you love Persian cats but are skeptical about taking the time out to groom them? If that’s the case, then the exotic shorthair cats are just for you.
These calm but playful furballs have the same personality as a Persian cat. The only difference between them is that they have a shorter coat.
These social cats are incredibly suitable for children and can happily coexist with other pets in the house. So, if you’re thinking of getting this breed of cat for you, I’d say, do not think twice.
- The Exotic short hair cats are very playful. They have a very charming personality which is similar to a Persian cat.
- They love being around children and do anything but laze around. They always keep themselves busy with shenanigans.
- Furthermore, they are very friendly and intelligent. They love being around people.
- They are usually medium-sized cats with stunning facial features. Since they’re a curious breed, they are more active than other cats.
- As the name suggests, the Exotic short hair cats do not shed very much. This trait comes as a boon to the owner as they do not have to worry about hair floating everywhere around the house.
- These days are closely related to the Persian cats, and hence they have thick and plush fur.
- They are available in a wide range of colors. These cats usually have short and thick tails and large paws.
- This cat, in particular, is the extroverted breed that loves to interact. They are somewhat social in nature.
- They would love to be the center of attention in group gatherings. In fact, they manage to be so by pulling off some funny and acrobatic skills.
- The little furballs love to please their owners. They would rather have all their attention, or else they will be depressed.
- Furthermore, the Abyssinian cats are brilliant. They can walk on a leash and can learn very fast.
- They are high-spirited.
- When you choose to pet an Abyssinian cat, make sure not to rub any other animal because they are never up for it. As authoritative as they can be, having any company would annoy them all the time.
Common Health Problems
Overall a relatively healthy breed, the exotic shorthair cats, however, do face some health issues.
Since the exotic short hair resembles the Persian cats a lot, their physical ailments are somewhat similar to them.
Some commonly faced health issues are
- Some severe breathing issues because of their flat nose.
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, which is a common heart disease in these cats.
- Polycystic Kidney disease
The exotic short hairs do not need any particular diet. However, your little furry kittens do tend to turn obese. Therefore, it is indispensable to watch how many portions do you put on their plate.
It is also necessary for them to consume quality food. Put proper portions of food on their bellies, and they are good to go.
Coat Color and Grooming
The coat of these cats are very furry and are of different colors. Despite their short skin, they need proper grooming and care. You only have to brush them once or twice a week.
The area near their eye and skin folds need cleaning and brushing at least twice every day. This prevents any irritation in the eye or on the skin. You may also need to brush their teeth and clip their nails to avoid any other hazards.
As established above, they are one lazy breed of cat. They might turn obese due to inactivity. Hence, exotic shorthairs should be made to play and be active. Consider providing them some toys that would keep them running around the house.
Do not give these kitties a cozy point to rest and relax. Try to keep them on the move.